Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mock studio shots

I don't have a studio. Let's just get that out of the way in case you were wondering. And I don't have any kind of studio lighting or backdrops. I shoot outside or in people's homes. A lot of times I've never been in that place before so I have to think a little to make it work. Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of traditional looking studio stuff. A lot of it's just a little too Life Touch or Olan Mills for me. Sometimes I think it would be cool to have a studio but it just kind of seems a little stuffy or something. Plus there's the whole studios are expensive issue. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures that look like they might have been done in a studio but they were actually done in this couple's bedroom. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I think I might invest in a black backdrop thing in the somewhat near future. What's behind them is actually their curtain, which I desaturated and darkened. And I know I've posted a lot of pictures of this particular family but I love babies. Have I said that already?


No comments: